Mohamed Ali’s name is not to be trifled with. Some men dare call him a bandit—men who are not his friends. . . .
Mohamed Ali, a Moorish Robin Hood, bravely defends his country from becoming a subject nation to a European power, keeping alive in the hearts of the Riffian Berbers that spirit of independence which had kept them free for over three thousand years—free from all that had invaded and possessed parts or all of his country—all except for the hills and mountains of the Atlas Range, wherein the sons of Atlas acknowledge no master but their gods!
This is the manner of Mohamed Ali’s downfall—the story of those things which led to his outlawing, to the price set upon his head, to the long and unsuccessful pursuit of him—and to the bold exploits of himself and his friends and enemies. Exploits during which Mohamed Ali, outlaw, laughed greatly, and dared bravely, and relied upon the friendship of Allah for protection.
Now collected for the first time in book form are the complete adventures of Mohamed Ali, outlaw and Descendant of the Prophet, loved, honored and feared throughout the Anghera Hills.
Edited and with an introduction by Doug Ellis.
- (Introduction) George Holt: The Call of Morocco by Doug Ellis
- The See-Saw of Fate
- By the Grace of Allah
- Mohamed Ali and the Basha of Tangier
- Mohamed Ali and the Father of Donkeys
- A Transaction in Heads
- The Hand of Friendship
- The Master of the Djinnoon
- A Certain Rich Man
- Pro Patria
- Crops, Cradles and Consequences
- A Matter of Title
- The Story of the Khalifa
- The Story of the First Scribe
- The Adventure of the Second Scribe
- The Adventure of the Captain of the Guards
- The Adventure of the Third Scribe
- The Captive
- The Decree of Allah
- Chuckling Gold
- The Kaid of El-Sibba
- The Hand of Allah
- Shields of Islam
- Treasure of Mulai El-Hassan
Appendix A—Related Works
- The Black Magician
- Gits of Allah
- Visiting Raisuli, the Moroccan Bandit
- Raisuli: “The Eagle of the Angheras”
- A Brief Biography of George E. Holt (1915)
- A Bibliography of the Writings of George E. Holt by Doug Ellis
First book publication
Trade paperback / 130 pages
Cover art by Emmett Watson