“Fine, creepy stuff.”—MysteryScene
“Not to be missed.”—Dispatches From the Last Outlaw
—A prominent scientist-killed by a gigantic green spider . . .
—The mysterious mummy that looted a London museum . . .
—An “impossible” murder on the English moors… The modern pirates who plundered the idle rich of Southborne . . .
—A weird malady that tormented denizens of a country estate . . .
—The most fiendish torture ever devised by the devilish Dr. Fu Manchu!
These and more thrilling adventures await the reader in these thirteen rare works of intrigue by the incomparable Sax Rohmer collected in The Green Spider and Other Forgotten Tales of Mystery and Suspense—including four stories never previously published in the United States!
Edited and with an introduction by Gene Christie.
- (Introduction) Before the Devil Doctor by Gene Christie
- The Green Spider
- The Death of Cyrus Pettigrew
- The Mystery of the Marsh Hole
- The Sedgley Abbey Tragedies (first US appearance)
- The mysterious Mummy
- The McVillin (first US appearance)
- Who Was the Rajah? (first US appearance)
- The Secret of Holm Peel
- The Dyke Grange Mysery
- The Haunting of Low Fennel
- The Blue Monkey (first US appearance)
- The Zayat Kiss
- The Six Gates of Joyful Wisdom
First book publication
Trade paperback / 186 pages
Cover art by Tom Roberts
Multiple Five Star reviews on Amazon.